IBPS is all set to conduct Mains examination on 20th November. Now, the first thing that is necessary is to understand the chances of maximizing your scores in this important examination so that you score over your competitors. In this article, we shall try to find out the ways in which you can do the same.
IBPS PO 2016: Here’re the tips for final selection
Well, we all know that the competition for the job is very high and everybody wants a job and for every job gained, a number of candidates will miss the bus. Hence, the only way to get final selection is to increase your marks as much as possible. So, how to do that?
• Understand the pattern: You have to qualify the preliminary examination, go for the mains examination and score high and at the end, you have to appear in the interview and score marks. This is how the whole scheme of examination plans out. You must understand that the prelims is only qualifying whereas the mains examination marks hold the key for final selection.
• Sectional Cut off is there: Well, this eliminates a lot of candidates in the examination since nobody is a champion in each and every section of the examination. However, a banking job requires equal ease with all the subjects in the examination. In case you are not comfortable in one or two sections, try to score decent marks in those sections at least. Otherwise, even if you score high in other sections, you are out of the race altogether.
• The aspects to be remembered: While taking prelims, keep in mind that getting the minimum cut off marks will not affect your chances for final selection, hence, do not take chances but in mains, your only objective should be to maximize the score so that even if you can have an average interview, you sail through. Go through the previous year papers and practice from them, so that you can understand your weak and strong areas in order to prepare accordingly.
• Break up of questions in each section: This is important since you need to cover the syllabus accordingly. You may be weak in one type of question but that is certainly to come in the examination, in that case, you need to practice that as much as possible. Maximize your score in each section like this. The topics that bear the utmost importance require more intensive practice during your preparation days.
• There is negative marking so go slow: Yes, this is one aspect that should be kept in mind especially for the freshers. Do not ever think of attempting more questions in case you are not sure about them. In the examination hall, it seems correct but once you come out, the number of wrong questions increases and so does negative marks, thereby, reducing the overall marks in the examination.
• Go through previous year papers: This is necessary since you have to get an idea about the exact type of questions that comes in the examination. What is a better way to get an idea that the previous year papers? However, the pattern is changing and there is no official pattern mentioned in the notification. So, make sure that you do not rely too much on previous year papers.
• Practice makes you perfect: This goes for each and everything and IBPS PO is not an exception. You need to be perfect in order to beat your fellow aspirants and the only way to get that perfection is by practicing as much as possible. But keep in mind that you need to practice questions that may come in the examination and not each and every random question that comes your way.
• Mock tests are good but not the last word: Some people rely too much on mock test scores and become complacent before the real examination. You need to understand that if you can appear in those tests, even the question setter can and IBPS is not so stupid to hand your job to you on a silver platter. Hence, attempt mock tests but that should only serve as a confidence booster and not a tool for being complacent.
IBPS PO is one of the most popular examinations in the country and a number of candidates appear in this examination every year. You can guess the level of competition from that. Hence, focus on your preparation accordingly and make the most of it before entering that examination hall. Some of you are veterans whereas some of you are freshers but keep in mind, the yardstick for both is the same and that is your marks in the examination. So, follow the tips and score as much as possible.